Here at Hamara Solicitor, we have a dedicated team to help you with your immigration needs. We can support you with your visa requirements both in-country and also help you to submit your applications from anywhere on the globe.

Our dedicated team can help you in the following Immigration matters:

  • Visit Visas
  • Marriage Visas
  • Medical Visas
  • UK business visas
  • Spousal Visa’s and In-country Extensions.
  • UK Entry Clearance
  • Student Visa’s
  • Indefinite leave to remain
  • UK citizenship and naturalisation
  • ILR/Settlement
  • EU Settlement
  • And many more.

Our knowledge and industry experience, allows us to provide our clients with a bespoke service, ensuring we listen to your needs and provide you with the best advice to help you. Our dedicated team are multi lingual allowing us to communicate with our clients in a number of different languages.  Let our team help you with simplifying and understanding the legal complexities surrounding the immigration process.

If you have any immigration queries please get in touch with our office today, to find out how our solicitors and caseworkers can help you. Call us today on 01254 65 89 66 for advice you can trust.


Visitor Visa

A standard visit visa allows an individual to visit the United Kingdom for 6 months. A standard visit visa, allows those visa nationals who live outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland, to visit the UK for the purpose of a holiday, visiting family and friends, for business or for medical treatment.

Examples of documents we would need to support your application:

Depending on the type of visitor visa you are applying for, we would need the following documents to support your application:

  • A valid passport
  • Financial means to support your stay, such as bank statements demonstrating funds to pay for you trip and finance your stay in the UK.
  • Evidence to demonstrate you will return back to your home i.e., employment contract, payslips, other ties to your home country.
  • Evidence to support you have funds for a return or onward tickets
  • Evidence to support the reason for your trip to the UK.


How long does a visit visa application take?

It can take approximately a month for a decision on a visit visa application, depending on the nature of the application and the documents you provide to support your application.


Different types of Visit Visas:

  • Family Visit Visa

The definition of family extends to the applicant’s spouse, mother, father, daughter, son, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings, aunt, uncle, nephew, niece and first cousins.

  • Medical Visit Visa

The purpose of the medical visa is to allow non EEA nationals to be granted permission to enter the UK for private medical treatment. A medical visa will allow you to stay for 6 months to 11 months, depending on the nature of your private medical treatment. You must hold sufficient funds for you trip and must return home after your treatment.

  • Business Visa

Under the conditions of a Business Visa you can carry out limited business related activities. These can include activities such as attending a conference, a business meeting, or training. This visa also extends to doctors to complete a PLEB test, academic research, clinical attachments or training. Please contact us for further information.

  • Marriage Visa

Any individual who is coming into the UK to get married or enter into a civil partnership will need a marriage visa. The visa will be endorsed stating this purpose and once you have completed your marriage or civil partnership, you must return back home, as you cannot switch categories in country. We understand that this can be a stressful time for the individual and therefore aim to providing a dedicated service, through a team of approachable and proactive immigration advisors who can aim to help you through the application process.

  • Transit Visa

This category of visa allows individuals who wish to travel via the UK to another country. Non-European nationals who wish to enter the UK as visitors must have permission to do so, unless they are the national of a listed country to which an exemption applies. In some instances, some individuals may also need to apply for a Direct Airside Transit Visa allowing them to take a connecting flight from the UK. Any individual with a Transit Visa must leave the UK within 48hours Our team of Immigration experts can help by ensuring you have the correct visa to help you with Transit Visas.


Eligibility for a Visit Visa including Transit Visa

You must show that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit, you are able to support yourself and any dependants who accompany you for the duration of the trip, you are able to pay for your return or onward tick and cost related to your visit, and provide evidence supporting your intention for the visit visa you are applying for.

You must not work during you visit to the UK or seek entry to rely on public fund, medical treatment (unless private paying), or study. If you are transiting, you must provide evidence you are assured entry to the country you are travelling to.


Fees for application

Please see our table of fees below:

Visit Visa etc.

Indefinite Leave to Remain

£450 + VAT

£600 + VAT



British Citizen Adult

British Citizen Child

£450 + VAT

£450 + VAT



Student Application

Ent in Country Spousal

£1000 + VAT

700 + VAT



  • Fees may vary depending on the matter.